At Carlinghow Academy, we acknowledge the high importance of our pupils and staff developing and maintaining good mental health and wellbeing, as well as physical health. We are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. It is our vision that all children are entitled to develop to their fullest potential academically, socially, emotionally and into healthy well beings, enabling each child to grow in confidence and be able to fully participate in everything that goes on in the wider community with confidence. It is widely recognised that a child’s emotional health and wellbeing influences their cognitive development and learning, as well as their physical and social health and their mental wellbeing in adulthood. At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support.
We promote a mentally healthy environment through:
- Promoting our school values and encouraging a sense of belonging.
- Promoting pupil voice and opportunities to participate in decision-making.
- Celebrating academic and non-academic achievements.
- Providing opportunities to develop a sense of worth through taking responsibility for themselves and others.
- Providing opportunities to reflect.
- Access to appropriate support that meets their needs.
The aim of this area of the website is to provide links to good quality information and guidance on mental health and wellbeing. Follow the links below for advice for parents/carers in supporting your children and looking after your own mental wellbeing. We encourage parents and pupils with any concerns to speak to a member of staff.