Carlinghow Academy joined the Great Heights Trust on the 1st April 2020 as a sponsored academy. The Local Governing Body for Carlinghow Academy has an oversight role: they monitor, review and communicate the development of the academy and report to the Trust Board. The Trust Board appoint the Local Governing Body who act as a committee to the Trust.
Click here for information about the governance of the MAT.
The function of the Local Governing Body includes:
- Building an understanding of how the school is led and managed to support future developments.
- Engaging with stakeholders.
- Being a point of consultation and representation
The detailed activity of the Local Governing Body is to:
- Effectively monitor the implementation of the Trust and academy’s strategic development plans for Carlinghow Academy.
- Champion the vision, ethos and strategy of the Trust, through maintaining a clear and explicit vision for the future for Carlinghow Academy.
- Provide the necessary information to the Trust Board with regards to operation and performance of Carlinghow Academy.
- Monitor and review Carlinghow Academy progress against agreed strategic goals in accordance with academy progress, including at key growth stages or if performance of the academy drops.
- Effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor school staff and LGB training to ensure it is linked to the development priorities.
- Monitor the progress and attainment of all pupil groups, always ensuring there are effective measures in place to diminish any gaps.
- Have an effective oversight of the performance of all other employees at Carlinghow Academy.
- Ensure that statutory requirements are met.
- Support business and financial planning making sure money is well spent.
- The term of office for all governors is four years.